What Do I Do After A Drunk Driving Accident?
If you’ve been involved in a drunk driving accident, it’s important to take certain steps to protect your rights and well-being. Here is a guide to what you should do immediately following a drunk driving accident:
- Seek medical attention: Even if you don’t think you’re injured, it’s important to get checked out by a doctor. Some injuries may not be immediately apparent, and it’s important to identify and treat them as soon as possible to minimize any long-term effects. Additionally, receiving medical treatment can help to document the extent of your injuries, which can be important if you need to seek compensation for your damages.
- Call the police: You need to report the accident to the authorities and request that they conduct an investigation. After all, the police report can be an important piece of evidence if you need to pursue legal action after your drunk driving accident.
- Gather evidence: Take photos of the accident scene, including any visible injuries and damage to your vehicle. Get the contact information of any witnesses, as their testimony may be valuable if you need to prove fault.
- Contact an attorney: A personal injury attorney can help you understand your legal options and advocate for your rights. An attorney can assist with the claims process and negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf.
- Don’t make any statements: Don’t admit fault or discuss the accident with the other driver or their insurance company. Let your attorney handle any communications.
Hurt In A Drunk Driving Accident? Don’t fight this battle alone!
It’s important to take these steps as soon as possible after a drunk driving accident. This will help you protect your rights and ensure that you are able to seek the compensation you deserve. If you or a loved one has been involved in a drunk driving accident, don’t hesitate to seek the assistance of a skilled personal injury attorney. An attorney can help you navigate the complex legal process and advocate for your rights.
Contact a Personal Injury Attorney As Soon As You Can
Getting in a car wreck is one of, if not the most stressful thing that can happen to you. It’s compounded even more when you factor in dealing with a drunk driver. Having to worry about things like your injuries, getting to and from work without a vehicle, and who’s paying for things like your medical care, any lost wages, getting your car fixed can be extremely overwhelming for you. At Attorney Dean Boyd’s office, we do the work for you to make this scary situation as manageable as possible. The consultation after your drunk driving accident is 100% free. You don’t pay a dime unless we collect on your behalf. If you’ve been hit by a drunk driver, give us a call today and let us go to work for you!