Our Blog

Car Accident Information

Tuesday, December 15th, 2015

Based in Amarillo and Lubbock, the law firm of Attorney Dean Boyd can provide you with the help you need if you were involved in a car accident. While we cannot provide legal advice on our website, we can still answer some frequently asked questions about car accidents.

What should I do after a car wreck?

The minutes immediately after a car accident can be critical to your personal injury case. Experienced lawyers usually recommend that you take the following basic steps if you are involved in a car accident.

First, do not claim fault for the car accident. Next, take lots of photographs and/or video of the vehicles involved. These photos should be panoramic, if possible. Then, get phone numbers, email addresses and other contact information for all the witnesses who were at the scene. Use your cell phone to record these witnesses explaining what they saw. Lastly, take several photos of the injuries you or your loved one sustained from the car accident.

What do I do about medical care?

Seek medical attention as soon as possible after a car accident. Listen to the advice of your doctor or medical provider; your health comes first.

Be a good patient and tell all the details of your injuries from the car accident. Write down all of your symptoms and let your medical care provider know what is really going on with you after the wreck.

Do not be afraid to admit you are hurt. The other driver hurt you; you did nothing wrong. Get all the help you deserve so that you can understand the full extent of your injury. If you act like you aren’t hurt, the insurance company for the other driver will agree with you and say you weren’t hurt.

How do I deal with an insurance company that is trying to contact me?

Do not accept a settlement offer for your car accident without legal advice. Insurance companies are known for trying to make lowball offers early on. These companies want you to settle cheap before you know what is really going on and what your damages really are.

Do not talk to another driver’s insurance company without talking to a personal injury attorney first. Do not give a recorded statement without the help of an attorney. That insurance adjuster isn’t taking your recorded statement to “help” you. This adjuster is looking for ways to deny your claim to avoid paying what the insurance company owes.

Also, be sure to save all documents, such as hospital bills and copies of police reports.

What do I need legal advice for after a car accident?

You can find out from a personal injury lawyer if you are entitled to compensation for your injuries from your car accident. Talk to an attorney about any problems with inadequate health insurance or auto insurance.

Contact the law office of Attorney Dean Boyd today for a free consultation

Many drivers do not know what to do after a car accident. Our law firm can provide the guidance you need. Once Attorney Dean Boyd represents you, he is only putting your interests first, not the insurance company’s. Contact us today for a free consultation. Give us a call at (806) 242-3333 or Contact Us via email. You can also stop by in person at 4423 SW 45th Ave in Amarillo, Texas or 10623 Quaker Ave #102 in Lubbock, Texas.

*The content on this website is for informational purposes only and should not be taken as legal advice. Viewing this information does not establish/constitute an attorney-client relationship with the law firm of Attorney Dean Boyd.